Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Companion of Gawain SCA - 2 pcs Feb/March 2016





I was honored to do 2 Companion of the Gawain stained glass pieces for 2 exceptional teens.  The really nice part was that they went out at the same event and the two teens were also good friends.

This is the "cartoon" or drawing that I did for the first one:


The next picture shows the individual pieces before I put them into the leaded came. The actual symbol of the "Gawain" is a fused glass piece not painted.



The next one shows it camed/soldered/and cemented:






After framing:



This is the second Companion of Gawain scroll that went out at the same event - I was told that the person receiving the scroll really likes green so I did a mono colored one.  The first one that I have ever done.  I would do it differently next time and "break" up the green with more clear/textured glass

This is the "cartoon"/drawing:




 Below are the words - they are done on a very thin fusable mylar paper....then fused to the glass. Then I put another clear fuseable piece of glass over it and fuse again to seal it.

  This is the soldered piece:
And the framed piece:












No comments:

Post a Comment