Sunday, April 7, 2019

Chivalry White Belt Stained Glass Piece April 2019

I had previously done a similar piece for an elevation to the Order of the Chivalry in the SCA.  When I heard that my Laurels son-in-law had a writ to get his Chiv I wanted to make one for him.

I used a simpler design than the actual heraldry.  As the actual heraldry has a gold chain in the design

Icon Chivalry.gif



This is the design that I am using. Pieces 3, 1 and 2 will be opaque white.  The other pcs per the Chiv recipient’s request will be cathedral red -which is a deep blemish free red.







 I cut the pieces of the belt pattern out and glued them to the opaque glass. In period they would have used beeswax to adhere the glass pieces over a whitewashed board with the pattern drawn in charcoal over the whitewash

I did "cheat" at this point.  Usually I had cut each piece with a glass cutter.  However I would not be able to cut out the circle of the belt that way, without put it into several sections.  So I used a band saw tile/glass cutter that I have


The other two pcs I used the hand held glass cutter on

Using black tracing paint, I painted and cleaned up the black lines that emphasize the design









I have put the pieces into the kiln to fire and will continue tomorrow with the shading




No comments:

Post a Comment