Sunday, April 7, 2019

His Excellency Wilhelm Fused Glass April 2019 -Maltese Cross - not period

Hi All

I have not been active for over a year due to health and mundane reasons.  I have missed it very much!!

I decided last week at K and 's A and S to do  a piece of glass art for both of their Excellencies Wilhelm and Vienna when they stepped down at Coronation on April 6th

I reviewed their East Kingdom webpage and decided on my designs.  I will decribe His Excellency Wilhelm's in this blog. I noticed that his Household utilized the Maltese Cross Design.  I thought it would be neat to make a fused glass piece of the Cross.  I know...not period..but cool!!!

I found the design on line:



Then I needed to decide how to actually cut and fuse the pieces.  It has been over a year since I have fused glass.

I decided on these cuts - 8 pcs for the Cross/a clear piece underneath and then the red and white halves.


I cut the pieces and put them in my kiln.   I thought that I was bringing up the temperature slow enough..however when I heard the "crack" , I knew that I was mistaken.  Hence the piece below.....


I started over and 6 hours later of firing and overnight cooling down...this is what I got


Much better!!!


Then I  put a lead came frame around it.


Finished!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment